Monday, November 26, 2007

Woodworking: Lost Tool Corollary to Murphy's Law

So this afternoon I spend a few hours in the basement putting the hinges on the larges door; the one that goes into the workshop. Lots of chisel work was involved and it got a bit detailed because I chose a hinge with a rounded "corner" instead of one with a squared off corner. But I got that done. Only six more hinges to go!

I then went looking for my hole saw so I could drill out the opening for the doorknob and latch. No luck. I can't remember if I chucked the cheap POS I had or if it's still at the Bolt Hole. In any event, I'll probably be heading over to Sears tomorrow to see if they have one on the shelf. If they don't, I may have to swing up to Lowes in Horseheads. to look for something like this:

hole saw

If I do buy a new set (a good one can go up to $80-90) you can be sure I'll find my usable, but cheap POS hole saw when I go to put the new set away. It's part of Murphy's Laws.

2 comments:

GUYK said...

I have a hole saw set that works after a fashion..China made..adapts to an electric drill and the blades work for just one hole..I say set.. think there are two blades left and they are the smallest ones. China must not install many door knobs..

Anonymous said...

Buy them at Harbor Freight. So cheap. they will NEVER get lost!

I've bought air tools, glue, drill bits, etc. And have been very pleased.