Friday, January 25, 2008

Confined to quarters!

Or at least that's how it feels.

I got a call yesterday from the body shop saying they had the parts to replace the roof of the Tundra and that I could bring it in anytime. So I did. With Rick having taken the Blazer west and Terry out doing her EGA (Embroiders' Guild of America) stuff today, I'm left at the Aerie with the cats and no means of escape. They'll have the truck until mid-week or so, so I better figure out something to do inside until then.

It's a bright, sunny day but the temperatures have ranged from a low of 10 degrees at sunrise up to 20 degrees now at noon. (We haven't had anything above 25 in at least two weeks.) It's too damn cold to do anything outside for sure. Although I'll probably put on my boots and gloves and bring in some more logs from the wood pile after lunch.

The chickadees have been hitting the feeders hard and watching them zoom in to pick up a single seed and then fly off to the pines before eating is tiring. The tufted titmice and mourning doves at least sit at the feeder and eat a few seeds before they scramble. That seems a more energy efficient means of feeding to me.

No comments: