Wednesday, January 09, 2008

On the road again...tomorrow.

I figure I'll pack my bags and head up to the Bolt Hole tomorrow to see what the warm weather has done to the snow supply up there. My buddy, Mark, says it was disappearing quickly on Sunday and it's been well above normal since then--something like 25-30 degrees above the January norm. Even so, I may have to get up on the roof to get some of the ice off unless the rains forecast fro Thursday night into Friday morning do the job.

Only problem I'll have is that with the lack of snow on the ground, I'll have nothing to melt to flush the toilet. The rain should help fill some buckets but I don't want to turn the water on for just a couple of days. I'll bring a 10-gal jug of water for drinking and coffee, but the rest (washing and flushing water) will have to come from rain or snow melt.

If the weather holds to just a few snow flurries on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I'll be clearing the cabin and garage roofs and looking to take out some scraggly pine trees and brush to open up and area around some apple trees that are trying valiantly to survive. Some on the edge have shown promise already but there are many more that need to be exposed to more sunlight.

No comments: