Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sears: Bah Humbug!

Sears online got back to me to say I can't order just the cable for the snow thrower but have to order the entire 4-way control rig: joystick control, left and right cable, up and down cable, etc. The cost online would be around $90 plus tax and S&H and several days of waiting.

I went down to the Sears store and they (of course) don't carry parts for their machines in stock. (Understandable as it's a retail store and not a repair facility.) The guys at the store did point me in the direction of a shop that does do repairs on Craftsman throwers and who does have some parts in stock. His price, including tax, was $104 and I have the cable in place as I type. Plus a spare joystick and up and down cable to boot.

I don't understand why they can't sell the damn cable separately as it is the weakest link in the entire rig and the one thing that is likely to break.

If it breaks again, I may have to look into retrofitting a screw control instead of replacing the entire 4-way control again.

1 comment:

GUYK said...

Yep, seems like a lot of things are like that now..