Friday, July 04, 2008

Well shiver me timbers!

I trust you all had a great Fourth of July. If you're going out to a fireworks display here in the northeast, however you might need to bring an umbrella and/or a heavy jacket.

The average high temperature for this date is supposed to be 80 degrees F. Here at the Aerie on a bright sunny day it managed to reach 71 degrees F. On Wednesday when we left to go birding at 6:00 AM it was a down right chilly 48 degrees (although it did get up toe 75 in the afternoon).

Maybe I should start replacing my CFL bulbs with 100 watt incandescents. And, while I'm at it, I'll put in a regular hot water heater instead of my on demand one...maybe coal fired.

I tell you, something's got to be done about this Global Cooling. I read that the preliminary data for June says the month was bloody cool compared to the base used by the alarmists. That's what, three months in a row now? (I'll hunt up the link later but I believe Tigerhawk had something about this back on July 2 and his link is over on the right.)

Folks, the world's temperature hasn't been going up for 10 years. What we are seeing with all this rush to do something is a group of people who 1) have a monetary vesteed interest in our being driven to the slaughter and 2) see a power grab that they too can participate in--one in which, once the power is ceded to them--they will never, ever relinquish even should there be an ice age in the making.

Speaking of ice age, I wonder if the snows around Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier National Park will melt before the snows of NEXT winter start arriving?


UPDATE: Here are the links to the items mentioned above:
Tigerhawk’s report of the preliminary June data: The globe cools: Unofficial June data shows temperatures below base line

And, according to this: Going-to-the-Sun Road, they did manage to get the road open on July 2nd.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

We still have snow on the northwest faces of the Chugach Mountains, just east & south of Anchorage, down to the 2500 ft level. It's mostly in valleys, but looks like the pics GOC posted earlier today. The Tordrillo Mtns, 80 miles to the west, are still completely snow-covered above the 4,000-ft mark.

How many more deliberate lies from Algore & his cronies do we have to hear, before we rise up & put a stop to it?