Monday, November 09, 2009

We Was Robbed!

No, I'm not talking about any stick-up or break in at the Aerie. I'm talking about a free loader having its way with our bird feeders--again.

Last evening as I was caught up with NFL debacle known as the NY Giants, I waited until half time and after dinner to go out on the deck to bring in the hanging bird feeder. By then, of course, it was well past dark. Upon stepping out on the deck, I discovered I was not alone so I grabbed my camera to catch the perp in the act. By the time I was armed, it had given up on the hanging feeder and already moved down the rail to lay claim to the tray which I never bring in the house.

The Masked Bandit is caught in the act.

It was reluctant to leave and hissed at the flash going off but eventually made its way to the corner of the deck and shimmied down the corner post to the ground. This was not the first time this season it had made its way to the feeders and it won't be the last.

3 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

Damn Democrats!

:o)

Anonymous said...

something wrong with your gun? or are u a democrat?

joated said...

1- He was on the deck with one occupied hunting camp down the hill.
2- He was in front of the Tundra and a full time residence across the street.
3- It was 6:30 PM and dark. (I know that 'coon hunting gets done after dark.)
4- If he comes out during the day....