Monday, December 21, 2009

Brain Freeze (or That Senior Moment)

Ever have to dial your cell phone from your land line because you forgot where you put the cell?

How 'bout not being able to find that item you put in a "safe place" a month ago?

We moved into the Aerie in December of 2006 after moving out of our NJ home in September. Now, losing things in transit is not unusual but I still haven't located that box--put in a safe place--that contained over two dozen different bolo ties.

And that battery charger for the Nikon Coolpix I put away last spring is still AWOL, so I had to purchase another online.

More and more frequently I look at a common tree, plant, bird, etc. that I've seen a thousand times and know all the habits of only to ask, "What's its name?" And forget about people!

As for tools and stuff...With two domiciles (Aerie and Bolt Hole) 220 miles apart, I now own three of everything. And they are always at the other place when I need them.

Maybe that's why Terry forwarded this to me.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

I've always loved this video. That could be me (or you, apparently).

My version of your story (having only one home) is that whatever I need is invariably downstairs when I'm upstairs, and the inverse is also true.

At least you have lots of company. Now I'd better stop typing before I forget whose blog I'm commenting about.