Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Aerie AM Report, February 10, 2010

After watching the radar screens carefully tell the tale of the impending storm last evening, and after experiencing a brief foray by the leading edge of the storm, I decided it would be safe to attend the Grand Canyon Photography Club meeting in Wellsboro last evening. Leaving the Aerie at 6:30 PM I experienced nothing worse than wet roads and a few brief flurries on the road west. No snow fell while the meeting was being held but the prospect of the storms arrival had everyone talking.

We had a presentation on Adobe Bridge for organizing our stacks (digital as they are) of photos. It reminded me that I've been extremely lax in the organization department of both the slides I've been scanning and the photos I've taken. I'm left with the daunting task of going back over thousands and thousands of pictures. *sigh*

A second presentation was on Gestalt Theory for composition. Interesting but way more deliberate thinking than I put into snapping a picture. Then again, I'm not doing it for "Art".

Anyway....The meeting broke up around 9 PM at which time it still wasn't snowing ad the "downtown" temperature in Wellsboro was 34 degrees. As I headed back east, the temps dropped quickly to 27-28 degrees along Route 6 and then to 25 as I turned up the hill to the Aerie. It wasn't until I neared home that the number of flakes increased, though not dramatically. When I hit the sack at 10:30 PM the snow still hadn't kicked it into high gear. It did so over night, however.

Three or four inches of white powder had fallen by the time I rolled out of the sack at 8 AM. (Terry was up earlier to feed the cats who left me to sleep.) The snow has continued all morning and, while we may see a little slackening in the quantity for an hour or two early this afternoon, it will last into the evening. Seven or more inches before it's over does not seem like a stretch. Could be a whole lot worse.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

I'm glad to hear you were able to go where you wanted, and didn't get snowed in.