Monday, February 15, 2010

Aerie Report, February 15, 2010

What a weird day! It was clear and 18 or so this morning with the wind coming out of the north northwest. It warmed up nicely, however as the wind shifted to the south and the temps actually cracked 40 degrees under bright sunshine at around 2:30 PM. But then the wind shifted again to the southwest and it started to get overcast. It soon dropped to the low 30s and was snowing like crazy by 4 PM. Now (9 PM) it is just overcast.

All the while this was going on, both AccuHunch and Weather.com kept saying we were only going to get up to around 30 degrees and we could expect mostly cloudy skies and flurries all day. Even now they are saying we should see between 3 and 4 inches of snow in the next few days. That is, an inch tonight and perhaps 1 to 3 inches Tuesday night into Wednesday.

I am so ready for Spring!

******

Terry spent much of the day at the dentist's. It's the first visit to a new dentist for either of us since we moved here. She had cracked off a piece of tooth and needed a fix as well as a cleaning.

She said both the hygienist and the dentist were very good and she was able to get everything done today when a cancellation opened a time slot for a second appointment in the afternoon.

I've got to make an appointment for similar care soon. I like dentists about as much as Indiana Jones liked snakes.

******

I spent the day scanning slides into digital photos while watching NCIS on USA. I managed to get about 250 done in six hours today. There's only about 500 more to go! I've just started to do the slides from our 1993 cross country trip. The one that took 5-1/2 weeks and of which we shot a hell of a lot of film! All the slides that remain are form that trip as were the last 60-70 that I did today.

I deliberately avoided anything on the TV that wasn't NCIS. (Abby is right. It is addictive...like pistachios. Or in my case, cashews, since I don't care for pistachios.) News is depressing and the Winter Olympics are just not my thing.

2 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

This Floridian ex-pat is NOT HAPPY with all the cold! And then I read your blog and try to regain some perspective. But I'm still in the South, dang it! I should be all warm and toasty.

*sigh*

Rev. Paul said...

Our temp hovered around 38 for most of the afternoon, but at least the roads are mostly clear. Driving wasn't as dirty a pastime, today.

I've given up on the Olympics; NBC is dong its best to make them unwatchable by chopping everything into short segments. If I tuned in for pairs figure skating, chances are I don't want to watch hockey or men's moguls. Whatever.