Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Aerie Report, June 28, 2011

I waited all day for the rains to come and watched the forecast drop from 60% to 40% chance. The radar seemed to confirm that as there were just a few spotty and small storms down here in the Northern Tier. It was the Southern Tier in NY that was getting hammered. All the way up to the Adirondacks there were big, violent storms brewing. Not here. So, with the temps in the 80 degree range and the RH around 70% but the sun shining I went out and cut the lawn.

Got done around 4 PM and saw on the radar a line of small storms off to the west heading our way. As they approached it looked like they were going to skirt just to our north on the other side of Route 6. I prepared to go out to water the gardens. Just as I got to the door, the sky opened up. It poured for 15 minutes between 6:45 and 7 PM. Enough that I postponed my trip out with the garden hose. About an hour later, with the sun that much lower in the sky and shining under the clouds, the sky opened again for 10 minutes. It's weird to be seeing it rain like the dickens and have the sun shine at the same time.

So the grass is cut (by me) and the gardens are watered (by Him), All is right with the world.

******

Tomorrow I take the Tundra over to Sayre for an oil change and check up. Haven't been that way for a bit but there are reports of construction on both Routes 6 and 220. Have to plan for detours, I guess.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

We get precip (rain, snow, whatever) with sun shining in the opposite direction all the time - but I admit it seemed strange when we first encountered it.

Be careful on the road tomorrow.