Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Hot. Hotter. Hottest.

Here it comes! Here it comes!

Heatwave!



(Suggested by Don Surber. Who also points out that it's been snowing...on Mauna Kea on the Big Island in Hawaii.)


The weather wonks said we had a 40% chance of showers and T-storms this morning and I watched the radar as they slide to the south of us. Feeling that it was as cool as it was going to get for the next few days, I strapped on my boots and took the lawnmower for a walk. It was only 75 degrees at the time but the sun that emerged after the storms past made it feel warmer. By late in the afternoon it was warmer. It reached 82 degrees. The next two days we're supposed to see temperatures in the 90s and high 80s. Days like these I wish we had put central air into the Aerie.

At least the onions and zucchini like it. The cucumbers are coming around too. Everything needs watering on a daily basis when it gets this warm with a breeze blowing. Heck, I need watering in this kind of heat, breeze or no breeze. Might have to break down and go get some ice cream.

(I've been off the ice cream since before Christmas. I had been going through a 1.75 quart container in three sittings. Not good. Well...yeah, the ICE CREAM was good. The scale said otherwise, however. I substituted crackers, cheese and scotch/bourbon on the rocks for a good while.)

Looks like it'll be basement time for me tomorrow. Have to go pick up some wood for bird feeders/houses unless I want to sit and do crosswords and jigsaw puzzles.

No comments: