Monday, June 20, 2011

More Work In the Woods

I ventured into the woods again today. Not with the .44 mag, but a chainsaw and an ATV. I figured if that big bear wasn't put off by the sound of the ATV, then at least I could cut him into manageable pieces. He didnt show.

I made 8 or 9 trips up and down hauling most of the wood that I had cut the Friday and Saturday as well as some of the stuff I left in the woods last fall. Then I went back with the chainsaw to cut some more and put some of the smaller branches on the ground into slash piles.

I worked until 4 o'clock when the rains showed up...just as the TV forecaster had said they would. By the time I packed my gear up and got back to the house, I was soaked. Weather permitting, I'll be back in the woods again tomorrow doing more cutting in the morning then hauling in the afternoon. I'm getting pretty close to the pont where I'm satisfied I've got enough wood for the winter.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

I'm glad the bear had other places to go, today. And you do seem well-supplied with firewood, now. An altogether successful outing, although you'd probably have preferred to get home dry.