Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Log Home Shopping Part 1

This past weekend, we traveled out to PA to meet with the gentleman (Don K.) who will be the General Contractor on our log home construction. We met at his home and then drove over to our lot so he could look it over.
Don and his wife have a great deal in common with me and mine. His wife quilts but has taken some smocking lessons; mine is involved in all the needle arts except quilting. They both drink tea, collect spoons and read romance novels. My wife's ancestors (two generations back) came from eastern Europe-Poland and Slavic, our GC's came from the same area. He drinks his coffee black, was a scout leader, used to hunt and goes to Canada to fish for northern pike. I drink my coffee black, was a cubmaster and leader in Troop 112, hunt, and go to Canada to fish for northern pike. There were bird feeders in his yard set in such a way that they could watch the birds from the porch or from the living room. I think we will get along just fine!

This was the first time I had been on the hill in PA when there were no clouds in the sky since we first looked at the property back in November. The views were spectacular! Don pointed out a notch in the ridge off to the north and said that it may be on the NY border--some 15 miles away. At an elevation of 2100 feet I expected we would get some pretty good views and I was right. From the East, to North and around to the West you could see for ever. I took some pictures which I will post soon. (As soon as I figure out how!)

No comments: