Monday, February 22, 2010

Aerie Report, February 22, 2010

Not much to say except never, ever trust a weatherman. Terry and I made plans to go out this afternoon but while she went off to Curves and some errands this morning I checked the weather gurus (weather.com and AccuHunch) and things didn't look promising. While they couldn't agree on timing, both indicated some possibility of freezing rain/wintry mix/snow taking place between noon and 7 PM. Since our sojourn out would have covered a good portion of that time, we decided to stay in and see what developed.

Terry pulled a nice boneless pork loin out for dinner along with sauerkraut, chunks of potatoes (cooked in the little pork grease the loin produced), string beans (from the garden) and apple sauce (canned two falls ago). Our dinner was excellent! And, while we were eating it, the snow finally arrived.

I had been checking both forecasters all afternoon and they kept changing their projections as to time and quantity. I came to the conclusion that they really do not know much more than I do when it comes to forecasting the weather. We should have gone out.

They say there's a chance for more snow (albeit small amounts) Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Then, they say, it will get interesting. We shall see.

******

I've a dental appointment tomorrow morning and I'm a bit concerned. It's been nearly six years since my last visit and, while I've got nothing that pains me, I do have two or three already filled teeth that have...well, lost parts in the interval.

******

Speaking of health care.

What is it about the word "NO" that the White House does not understand? Two days before his televised summit with the Republicans during which it is alleged he was going to work for a bipartisan health care reform, President Obama produces a bill that is almost exactly like the ones already passed in the Congress and Senate but with even fewer details so that the Congressional Budget Office can not even determine its cost. The man and his cronies obviously believe that political leadership means cramming stuff down the peoples' throats.

Now that he has produced this bill (and basically said it's-my-way-or-the-highway), what, exactly does he plan to do on Wednesday? He's certainly not looking to get any "bipartisanship" out of the many times spurned Republicans.

I sincerely hope that the Republicans stick to their guns and tell the President that he can put his Health Care Reform where the sun don't shine.

The President and the Democrats have burned a lot of bridges lately. I wonder when it will occur to them that they are on an island.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

Re: your dental appointment, you have my sympathy. My teeth are just now starting to settle down from the various indignities I had done in the last few weeks.