Saturday, April 17, 2010

Aerie Report, April 17, 2010

Cold and spitting snow/sleet for much of the day. The temperature never got above 38 degrees.

******

I didn't go birding the morning, opting instead to give my back a long rest. Fool that I am, I must have twisted incorrectly while throwing some pieces of oak about on Wednesday. As a result, I've got a sharp pain at belt level directly over my left buttocks. Having stenosis of the spine (narrow nerve openings), any time I irritate a nerve and it begins to swell, that nerve gets pinched and swells even more. At least the pain has not started to travel down my leg. That would be BAD. Twisting at the waist seems to be the biggest irritant and I really need to avoid it bit shoveling snow/dirt or tossing cut pieces of firewood.

******

I hung something like ten of Terry's pictures this morning. I hate making hole in the wall or nailing to the logs, but if it makes her happy.

******

This afternoon I sat and watched my favorite western of all time: Silverado. Then turned to FOX to watch the Mets vs Cardinals. This was the first time I was able to watch the Mets on TV and they seem to want to give me my money's worth. It is the top of the 14th with the score 0-0. It is 8:40 PM. The game started at 4:10 PM--which was 20 minutes before Silverado ended. Hopefully it will end before time for the first pitch tomorrow at 8 PM. That one's on ESPN.

No comments: