Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Na na, na na na...

Missed us!

We didn't get the multiple inches of snow forecasters said were heading our way. That slid to our north some. Instead we got a light coating of stinking ICE. The squirrels are okay with that. They can now run over the snow without sinking in over their heads.

Me? I'd rather have the snow. It's much easier to blow/shovel snow than it is the ice encrusted stuff we have now. Oh, I'll break out the snow thrower anyway as it will be easier than the shovel, but I'll probably have to go back over the driveway with the shovel when I get through. *sigh*

The stiff breeze (can't really call it "wind") will make throwing snow an adventure. I'll probably look like the Michelin Man/Frosty the Snowman/Stay Puff Marshmallow Man when I get done.

The temperature is currently hovering around 31 degrees but that breeze makes it feel lots colder than the 16 degrees we had when I was outside last evening.

Luckily, the ice was not as thick as points elsewhere. I can see a coating on wires and branches but not enough to bring 'em down.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

"I'll probably look like the Michelin Man/Frosty the Snowman/Stay Puff Marshmallow Man when I get done."

Just remember not to cross the streams of the particle accelerators, or you'll have an even bigger mess.