Sunday, April 03, 2011

I Shouldn't Have Done That!

Last week's long one-day drive between the Aerie and Bolt Hole (220 miles up and 220 miles back), gave me an achy back. Then, today, I decided--foolishly--to shovel some of the heaped up snow that contained gravel from the driveway back onto the driveway where it would melt and return the stones to their proper place and make clearing them from the garden an easier task. I must have twisted at the waist in an improper manner for I have surely irritated the nerves there. Now instead of an "oh, my" ache I've got a "G*D DAMN!" pain.

Not good.

Time for a hot shower some pills and an early night where I can lay flat on my back for hours. With luck, I'll feel better in a few days. Without it, it may take a week or two.

Hopefully it will be good enough that I can go north to the Bolt Hole again later this week (after the predicted rain is over--say Wednesday or so) to work on the stovepipe and electricity.

On the plus side, the morning was bright and sunny and warm. Although the sun disappeared around 2 PM, the warmth remained. We got close to 50 degrees today and a good deal of the snow is now history. With more days of similar temperatures and 1.5 inches of rain in the forecast, we should be snow free in a day or two. There's virtually no snow down in the lower elevations. Only on the north facing slopes or dense pine woods are you able to find any snow. (We face the northwest so we get plenty of the afternoon sun except on the east side of the house.)

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Sorry to hear about your back ... I know how much that hurts. Take it easy, use whatever works, and don't push it.

Besides, the snow will leave on its own, if you're patient enough. Heh.

joated said...

Thanks, Paul. Wasn't the snow I want to rush into oblivion (okay, maybe a little), it was the stones I wanted to get back where they belonged.

threecollie said...

I hope it gets better quickly. You can't function very well with back pain.

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Yikes, hope you feel better soon.