Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Places I've Been....

Rev. Paul links to a site that provides the user an opportunity to display on various maps those places he/she has visited.

I've never left Canada or the USA, so those maps dealing with lands "over there" were of no interest to me, but, oh, my!, have I been pretty much everywhere in the USA and Canada. How we missed Manitoba is much the same reason we missed Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama: different trips that diverged in opposite directions just before crossing the border. (Terry did make it to Louisiana--New Orleans, in fact--for a SAGA Board Meeting a few years back, but not me.) We could have filled in the continental USA map this year with a trip to Mardi Gras but...northern snows kept the trailer in the barn and I whimped out. We will fill those gaps soon. As for PEI, hell, it's a little place and is easily missed as we did when we went to Nova Scotia. Another trip will rectify that and the Newfoundland/Labrador omission.

In the USA, I have visited (or at least driven through) these states:

visited 46 states (92%)
Create your own visited map of The United States

And in Canada, I've been to these provences:

visited 8 states (61.5%)
Create your own visited map of Canada

No comments: