Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bleech.

Blah day. Overcast all day with a spritz of rain every now and again. The temperature never got much above 65 with a breeze that made it feel cooler all day. Call it another down swing on the rollercoaster of a weather pattern we've been having.

******

Terry has headed off to New Jersey so the cats and I will be tolerant of one another. Julie will hunker down in the chair next to me looking for human contact (and warmth) while the other two will dog my steps every time I go over to the kitchen sink and/or coffee pot in the hopes that I will 1) fill their food bowls or 2) at least give them a crunchy treat. Then they will gather at the bedroom door tomorrow to awaken me around 6 AM so they can get their breakfast rations. Then they'll go back to the bedroom door hoping to get Terry (who isn't there, remember) to come down and give them some more.

******

I could have/should have gone out to do some firewood gathering today. The cool temperatures were perfect for that sort of work. However, I've got a strong case of the blahs. One might almost say a crippling case. So I sat around a read some Lindsey Davis (I'm half way through See Delphi and Die and have read all the others in the series up to that point) and worked crossword puzzles.

Tomorrow, if the weather permits and the ATV starts, I shall go cut and haul some firewood. If not I'll go into the workshop and build something to hold my fishing rods or fed the birds. Maybe both.

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Your weather isn't much warmer than ours. It was only 48 at lunchtime, but the rain stopped, the clouds are clearing, and we're up to 57 this afternoon.

Your day of taking it easy sounds like a good idea to me.

joated said...

At least we didn't have any earthquakes...or snow.