Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Early Report from the Aerie 06/14/2011
w/thoughts on GOP Debate.

Flag Day. Fly 'em if you got 'em!


Free Clipart



******

Were there any lamer questions than those asked at the CNN hosted New Hampshire "debate" last night? "Coke or Pepsi?" "Johnny Cash or Elvis?" Really? That was germane to a political debate? BTW: Who the heck is John King? And why in the world did the GOP agree to a CNN hosted "debate?"

I find "debates" like these tedious enough without some yahoo like King trying to sound cool. And the 30 second time limit may work in a quiz show but when dealing with complex matters it produces either truncated meaningless responses or equally meaningless sound bites.

******

I mentioned last evening that there had been little rain at the Aerie while I was up north. That has changed. We've had a gentle rain for much of the AM so far. A nice soaking, gentle rain that is sure to cause all sorts of growth int he garden and the grass. Now all it has to do is warm up a bit. It's just 51 degrees at 9:30 AM.

******

The chilly rain has put a damper on today's plans for outdoor work. Even if it should stop raining soon, everything is so wet and the temperature is so low, that even a walk in the woods would be uncomfortable to say the least. And the footing on wet leaves, rocks and logs would be quite slippery.

So it looks like it will be a day to do some indoor stuff. Decluttering is a full time job around here anyway. So many boxes of "stuff" to go through and what were once thought to be important essentials to discard. (Sort of like the candidates on the stage last night.) And there are boxes yet to be opened since our move with things lost or forgotten that may still be found and cherished.(Sorta like those NOT on the stage last night.)

3 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

I missed the debate - only in the sense that I didn't watch it, rather than meaning I lost out on an opportunity. Michelle Bachmann is the only candidate among those in attendance, and only because I want to hear her plans before I either get behind her or move on.

The 'debate', such as it was, seems to have been highly forgettable.

We are SO boned.

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

I think the rain is following you.... and you keep moving...I have a feeling I am in between the Aerie and the Bolthole, so please stay still...Let me dry out... :)

joated said...

Tina Marie, In fact, I travel Route 414 as I go back and forth. So, yeah, you're right there.