Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Aw, Jeez! Again?

It's 2 degrees on the porch at 8 AM (minus 2 down in the valley). One more quick bite of frigid air before the warming that the weather quacks are promising for Thursday and Friday. That "warming" will bring the high temperatures into the 30s while keeping even the lows from sinking much below 15 degrees. In short, we'll be about average for this time of year.

Of course some precipitation--in the form of snow showers--will be with us during the entire time. It's getting monotonous, doncha know. Am I ready to see sports items about pitchers and catchers reporting? You betcha!

I had other things to do yesterday and didn't get into the workshop. That will change today. FedEx delivered the bench vise screw in the afternoon so, after I cut the final front rail to length and rout out the groove to act as a guide for the vise slide, I'll be ready to glue the top up and lay out the holes for the vise mounts.

But first, I believe it's time for another cup of joe and then I have to drive down the hill for the mail.

2 comments:

JihadGene said...

Joated- I can only hope you are staying inside!

Shelley said...

Brew some extra coffee for me too please!