Thursday, January 08, 2009

Woodworking 101 Day 3

Very little to report today.

Terry and I had some errand to attend to this morning and had lunch at the Cast and Crew in Mansfield. (The University is still on break so any spending at the local eateries is greatly appreciated!)

We picked up 10 bags of rock salt and two bags of industrial grade Calcium blend ice melter to combat the hockey rink that is our sloped driveway.

Then it was back to Arnot Building Supply for some lag bolts and another 2" x 10" board to replace the one that cracked when I dropped it yesterday. I am very uneasy about trying to use it on the workbench top knowing it is likely to be subjected to some serious pounding and would then probably split completely.

I'll be taking the new piece of lumber to the workshop to get chopped to length and then ripped to width as soon as I get the energy (maybe tomorrow). I'll let the table saw produce the straight edges I need for gluing rather than try to wrestle it through the joiner. I may even run the other two boards through the table saw for the same reason.


No comments: