Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Fantastic Day!

That's what it was here at the Aerie. The sun was shinning and the temperature soard up to 38 degrees. Wahoo!

Of course, I didn't get to see much of it as I was in the workshop but the few times I stepped out on the deck to look at the birds I couldn't help but notice the beautiful weather.

Speaking of birds, we had a Red-Bellied Woodpecker come to the tray feeder on the deck around noon today. He took a couple of seeds and then disappeared again. That's the first one we've had at the Aerie. I've spotted them on bird walks and even had a couple at Ives Run during the Christmas Bird Count last month. Funny that he passed on the suet feeder off in the side yard. Unfortunately, today's guest didn't stay long enough for me to unlimber the camera.

1 comment:

GUYK said...

We have at least 100 finches of various colors on our feeders and nesting in the live oaks now. A few robins are coming by but I think they are on their way on south...too cold here right now for them. We still have our resident cardinals and woodpeckers as well as some Jays and Mocking Birds...I could do without the Mockingbirds..damn things like to make their racket about 3AM