Monday, September 05, 2005

NOLA Aftermath

Driving east out of Atlanta to Columbia, SC this morning on I-20, Terry and I witnessed a half a dozen military convoys heading west. They were, in all likelihood on their way to the Gulf Coast and New Orleans in particular. Later, when we were at Pat and Jim's house, Richard came by and reported seeing twice as many heading the same way this afternoon. With all the lawlessness that has been going on down that way and all the assinine fingerpointing that has followed the storm, I haven't felt that I could hold by temper long enough to comment. (Besides, I would prefer NOT to get into political discourse on this site.) However, I have come across some escellent essays that come close to describing my emotions right now. One that I would like to direct your attention to is by Bill Whittle of Eject!Eject!Eject! and is entitled Tirbes! Go and read it. NOW!

No comments: