Thursday, April 03, 2008

Benefits of coffee

A coffee with your doughnut could protect against Alzheimer's disease

A daily dose of caffeine blocks the disruptive effects of high cholesterol that scientists have linked to Alzheimer's disease.


This is great news. If it pans out, I should be safe from any form of Alzheimer's.

… caffeine equivalent to just one cup of coffee a day could protect the blood-brain barrier (BBB) from damage that occurred with a high-fat diet.


With the amount of caffeine I get every morning my BBB should be thick enough and strong enough to repel anything up to and including a sidewinder missile.

(Now, if the damn Goose hadn’t shut its doors, I could get that donut, too.)

4 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

The four major food groups can be enjoyed with just an Irish Coffee and a Jelly Doughnut:

Caffeine
Alcohol
Sugar
Fat

:o)

joated said...

Amen! joan, Amen!

GUYK said...

Yep..my doc said only two cups a day
so I drink mine out of a half liter cup

joated said...

Only a half liter? Piker!