Friday, April 04, 2008

Off to peek behind the curtain...

...and see just who the wizards are. I'm talking about other bloggers who will be at this confab in Princeton, New Jersey on Saturday. yeah, I'm heading out of the mountains and into the big city. (Well, not so big maybe, but still a heck of a lot more crowded than the little college town of Mansfield, PA, not to mention the crossroads of a town in which I live.)

The list of attendees is impressive. There are quite a few bloggers there whom I’ve been reading and a few totally new to me, but I’ll be interested in meeting them all. So far this blogging has been a solitary pursuit with nothing but comment chatter and one or two emails between me and the other folks out there. It will be interesting to see if the mental pictures I’ve constructed of several of the more, shall we say, flamboyant personalities are accurate.

I'd give names for those I especially wish to meet but that wouldn't be right for I do, indeed, wish to meet them all if only to shake off this mantel of hermitdom Ive donned since last December. It's been just me, Terry, the cats, the birds and the guys and gals at Agway where I've been buying birdseed. This will be the largest gathering of humans I've been to since the trip down to Cabela's back in early December. Hope I can remember to use the right fork, say please and thank you, and think on my feet with out getting all tongue-tied.(Although, I might have to ask some to speak more slowly just so's I can make out what the heck they're saying.)

I was going to stay at my Mother-in-Law’s in Linden but that’s a one hour drive up Route 1 from Princeton. After considering the time this here blog meet is supposed to wrap up (11 PM) and the amounts of adult beverage allegedly imbibed in previous similar events, I opted to book a room in a nearby motel.

Terry will also be going into her Mom’s tomorrow as they have a First Communion to go to on Sunday. I will skip that event and head back to the Aerie in the afternoon. Terry and her Mom will be heading out to San Francisco on Thursday for a bridal shower so she will stay in Linden. They won't return until someday during the week of April 14. They're flying standby via arrangements made by the groom who is an airline pilot so things are going to be a bit of spur-of-the-moment for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to meet you. I hope you had a good time too.

GUYK said...

I have met some of them..the nutty ones