Thursday, January 01, 2009

Gorgeous day at the Aerie.

I woke up early this morning.

Some days I have a difficult time falling asleep and some I just wake up in the middle of the night or early in the morning with no hope of getting back to sleep. Some of it's sinus related and some of it has to do with chronic back pain. Shoveling snow (even as easy as it was) aggravated my back sufficiently that it woke me at 5 AM after getting six hours of sleep.

Naturally, once out of bed, the cats demanded they be fed. Then, as the sky began to lighten, the birds and squirrels wanted theirs.

Then I had to go out to remove the small (and, thankfully, light) pile of snow at the end of the driveway from the plow going up the hill last evening. It was a mere 1.4 degrees but at least it was above zero and there was no wind. What snow remained on the driveway squeaked underfoot as I walked out to the road and back.

Chores done, I settled in to watch some more bowl games.
Yet, the sun is shining and the wind is not blowing. The outdoors are calling.
But, Terry cooked up an excellent boneless pork roast, some oven potatoes, baked lima beans and sauerkraut for dinner. I do believe the couch and TV will win this one.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

It's true that cats "demand" their food - I know mine certainly does. And then after I serve him - I don't get even a glance back or a thank you. ha,ha!
Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful meal! I don't think I can eat sauerkrat ever again - it's what i had the night I got sick.

JDP said...

Happy New Year!

JDP

Rev. Paul said...

Happy new year to you and your lovely wife. It looks nice out, here, too, but it's only -12. I will probably forego the frostbite & stay indoors as well.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful first day of the new year! :)