Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tag Meme

I got tagged! Cassie of In Amazing Graceland hit me with these crazy rules:
The rules are: open a document or file folder, click on the fifth folder and then the fifth photo. Post the photo and describe it, then tag 5 more bloggers to keep it going.



Jeez, there's no way that I can play by these rules! They require ... organization!.

Fifth this and fifth that and fifth picture....HA! There's only one fifth I'm interested in... single malt, 18-years old (at least) Glenlivet.

Maybe in some alternate universe I'm that organized. I must be, I fooled the folks at school for over 32 years into thinking I knew exactly what I was doing and could put my fingers on any little detail they wanted be it classroom lesson plans, yearbook, recognition certificates (which I created and printed) or whatever. At the end, they thought I was a god!!! Bwaaahhhaaa!

Ahem. excuse me. Got carried away there a little. But that was nearly 5 years ago and it's all in my past. Now my files are based upon the Pile Principle.(Terry says they always were at home...but I've seen her office and she should not comment.) It's not too neat but I know where most things are. Until the piles fall over or get "straightened up" by some interfering kitteh!

Anywho....If you want a collection of links to the construction of the Aerie I've put them here, in the blog dedicated to the construction and finishing of the Aerie.

There are no pictures at that blog, but the links take you to the week-by-week posts that I put up during the purchasing/excavating/construction phases.

The bear says we're ready to entertain...

I like this picture of the Welcome Bear I made standing to greet visitors at out front door. (A Beaver would have been more appropriate as we used Beaver Mountain Log Homes as our supplier. But there's no real water nearby and there are bears in the neighborhood.)

The Aerie

A great view of the porch, deck and walk-in basement.

The Aerie

Viewed from the driveway from north northwest. The main entrance.

I shall not pass this meme along to the requisite 5 bloggers. But should any one care to participate...feel free.


Ack! I just realized I haven't updated the construction links since November of '07! That means I've got to add links to the finished basement and the raised beds that I constructed outdoors. I guess I know what I'll be doing while rooting for the PA teams in the NFL playoffs this afternoon. (Hey...Jets and Giants are done! I might as well root for my "adopted" home state.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a true giants fan would never, ever, want an eagles win........
next you'll be on the obama wagon....

Shelley said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures of your log home - I love it! And you made that welcome bear sign? I think you should open an online store and sell these!