Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Adventures In Deck Staining
Sheesh! "What could go wrong?" he says.

How about this: After checking the radar and forecasts every 30 minutes and seeing that the chance of T-storms was virtually nil--20-25% and nothing showing on the screens--I started to stain the deck.

Two boards done and there's one cloud that passes over and lets fly with a few drops. It's over the hill when I hear it rumble. Then I look out over the valley and realize I can't see the Southern Tier of NY. Not good. Not good at all. There's another huge black cloud heading this way and there's rain falling from it hard enough to obscure the view. I finish the two boards I'm working on just as the rain reaches here. And it's falling in one hell of a torrent.

I think--but don't say--at least it can't get worse, when it starts to hail!

Now I have to wait for the deck to dry before I can resume my work.

Water beaded up nicely on most of the boards I did do, however. Those last six feet or so--not so much.

And things were going so well.

I swear, NONE of this was on the radar at noon!



2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Okay, okay - I'm sorry I said anything!

JDP said...

Always used to happen to me when I washed my truck.

JDP