Friday, May 21, 2021

Another Hot One

 Another scorcher of a day today. The high was about 88 degrees and the few clouds that tried to shade us from the sun failed. Hot or not, I had to get the tomatoes and peppers in the ground.

It took me about an hour and half to plant the  all and then water them using the watering can. I wanted the water to go just where I wanted it to go, something you can't depend on happening with the hose. I finished just in time for lunch.

Then I had to take Copy Cat to the vet for a followup visit. He hasn't been limping since the day after she gave him an antibiotic shot for swollen lymph nodes two weeks ago. He wasn't happy to go for a ride as he was sound asleep on his back when I went to get him and put him in the carrier. The vet said she thought his glands were not as swollen as last time (How can you tell?) but perhaps he should have another shot of antibiotic just in case. She had to re-calibrate the dosage since this sick pussy cat had gained a pound since his last visit. One pound may not sound like much to you or me, but when you only weigh 12.2 and go to 13.6.... If he doesn't start limping again, there's no need for a further visit. Copy was a little quieter on the way home. Whether that was because the truck's AC finally started cooling the inside of the truck, or because of the shot he just got is anyone's guess.

Back home I just vegged out until  about 6:30 when I went out to water the plants/seeds. I can almost stop saying "seeds" since everything except the beans and lettuce--which just went in yesterday--has started popping out of the ground. The morning glories lead the way of the seeds planted. They were second to show up after the radishes, but they now stand nearly two inches high and have 1-1/4 inch seed leaves.

Time for another cold one as I  tune in the Mets' game.


No comments: