Wednesday, May 19, 2021

So Far So Good.

 

Whether it was the muscle relaxant or the antibiotic they prescribed to me over the weekend, the leg is feeling much, much better. Still a modicum of pain when I try to bend it but all in all I'm pleased with the progress.

I did see my primary care nurse-practitioner on Tuesday afternoon. That was a followup just to keep her informed of what's going on. At the time, I asked her how do I get one of those handicapped stickers for my car. Her reply was more along the lines of, "It's about time!" than anything else. So I filled that form out, got it notarized and put in the mail today. By the time I get it, my left leg will probably be A-OK, but I will be seeing the vascular team on June 3rd to discuss surgery on my right leg so there's that.
 
Right now I'm taking things easy and getting lots of rest and sleep. Even the cats are allowing me to sleep in. Normally they start scratching on the door around 4 am waking Terry up. The last three days I get up on my own at 8 or 8:30. And I only do that so I can pretty much keep a regular pattern for my meds. The cats haven't made a sound. 
 
******
 
 
 I've got a small patch of one of the garden beds set aside for lettuce. I'll see if I can get that planted--tomorrow. Radishes are already up and It's not even seven days. Nothing else seems to have popped up yet. 
 
Sunny and warm (mid-80s) here with no chance for rain until Sunday. Or so they say. I see a lot of farmers making their first cutting of hay and leaving it to dry on the field. That's a better indicator that it's not going to rain soon. 
 
While the "sunny and warm" has brought out the wood boring bees--which is bad--it hopefully will spell the end of the black flies. Those little buggers hurt! 
 
Don't tell anyone, but I'll have to cut the grass soon. The dandelion flowers that escaped the first cut a week ago have gone to seed. Add the poplar seeds drifting through the air and it looks like it's snowing little wispy puffs of cotton.

No comments: