Thursday, May 20, 2021

Well, Summer Is Here

My left thigh is feeling real good. Whether it was the pain killer, muscle relaxant or just the rest I forced myself to take, something worked. I contacted my primary care nurse practitioner and told her about my progress. I then said I would still not be running a marathon this weekend. She reminded me that the best way to rain for a marathon was slowly increasing your endurance. Emphasis on "slowly."

If this keeps up, I'll feel fit enough to cut the grass Saturday. Why Saturday? Well another day of mostly rest can't hurt and today it got up to 87 degrees in bright, bright sunshine. Friday is supposed to be a carbon copy. Way too hot to cut grass! Though Saturday won't be much better with temps again cracking the 80 degree mark, but it will be cloudy so there's that. Definitely Summer weather.

I did do a few things today. 

I went to the garden center and picked up some tomato and pepper plants along with two bags of topsoil mix that contains fertilizer. When I put the plants in (tomorrow morning?) I will dig an oversized hole and put in some of that topsoil mix. 

When I came home, I did a little work on the plots where the tomatoes and peppers will go. Mostly it was just raking the areas to break the surface crust that had formed. (Have I mentioned how much clay there is in our soil.) I planted some leaf lettuce in the garden with the beans. just three short rows but , if they produce, Terry will be happy. 

I also fixed a nagging little problem with some concrete edging blocks that had heaved upward and were hitting the bottom edge of the gate to that plot. I just had to remove five of them and dig the stones/earth under the center blocks and reset them. Easy, peasy.

******

Terry called. Sounds like she and her sister are having a good time. The cruise ship is hopping from island to island and they're getting tours of the little towns on each one. Some tours are by small short buses and others are walking. They are halfway in the cruise around Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands.

No comments: