Monday, May 03, 2021

We Now Resume Our Regularly Scheduled Broadcasting

Having completed all the jigsaw puzzles in the house (save THAT one); having binge-watched enough TV for a good while; and having learned how to keep the sourdough mother calm, quiet, and healthy in the fridge so I don't have to bake so often, I've taken to exploring two things on You Tube. 1- all the RV channels but specfically those who offer advice on how to customize your rig--be it a travel trailer like ours, or a fifth-wheel, or a motorhome. 2- Sites offering reviews of trucks to pair with your travel trailer or fifth-wheel. (Specifically those dealing with the Chevy Silverado 2500HD.)

The latter has come about because I've finally learned, after 13, almost 14 years of using a Toyota Tundra that that truck my be a little undersized for the size of the trailer we currently own. Granted, our first Tundra hauled us and the trailer we owned at the time (a slightly smaller trailer than we currenly own) all around the continent. And our second Tundra has taken the slightly longer trailer to the west coast, the Canadian Maritimes and points in between more. Still, I feel the call of the Silverado.

It was a Silverado I first owned in the 90s. That truck really racked up the miles to the Bolt Hole north of Utica from northern New Jersey and then from Northern New Jersey to our current home in the Northern Tier of PA. It also hauled all of our belongings out here. It was with that truck that I first towed a travel trailer.

Yeah. If I can convince Terry....

******

Watching all the RVing folks travel around the country has sparked a bit of an itch within me. I haven't had a good road trip since 2018 for God's sake! While I may be a bit of an introvert, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a change of scenery from time to time.

Unfortunately my traveling days will have to wait until the surgery on my right leg is done and can be evaluated.

I also have to figure out what to do with the cats. (Five inside and four--maybe five--outside.)

No comments: