Monday, June 16, 2008

Rain, At Last

We finally got some much needed rain in the wee hours of the morning (between 3 and 6 AM). I had thought to go out to one of the Corps' lakes ( Cowanesque Lake, Hammond Lake) this morning to do some birding and that probably was enough for Ole, Ma Nature to swing a heavy shower over the area. (Although, it probably didn't rain where I wanted to go--the showers were scattered--Her rain falling here at the Aerie put me in a mood not to go when I woke this morning. Each place I thought to go might have a muddy trail or knee high grasses soaked with Her morning rain and that's no fun to wade through.)

Besides, I must go to the Muck tomorrow to help repair some damage to the bird blind and perform some maintenance to the short trail the Tiadaghton Audubon Society has erected there. I'm scheduled to meet with some other members at 1 PM so I'll just make a full day of it and hit the road early and do some bird watching at Darling Run on Pine Creek Gorge in the early morning before going to the Muck. The bike trail should be free from any accumulated water.

No comments: