Saturday, September 17, 2011

HACKED!

My email account got hacked during the night. Some louse from Canada sending out spam to every address in my address book using my email. Not sure where I picked up the hitchhiker, or what I can do about it. I try not to open questionable attachments or visit sites that might leave a worm. Yet, somehow, something got past my protection (Norton's and Webroot) to do its dirty deed in the wee hours of the morning.

I knew something was up when I had 67 emails this morning after having 0 at 11 PM last night. Lots were from MAILER-DEAMON saying they couldn't deliver the message. Others were auto responses from folks who will get to the message as soon as they return to work on Monday.

*sigh*

Heck of a way to start off my birthday.

If you were the recipient of one of those pieces of trash, I apologize.

Wasn't me. Really.

7 comments:

TenMile said...

If you are using Windows, they came out with an Outlook up-date this week.

Glad to think the leg is doing better.

Care for yourself.

Rev. Paul said...

I responded to the one I got from you, to tell you your account was hacked. THEN I saw this post.

Sucks, it does.

joated said...

Yeah, Paul. Sure does.

Rev. Paul said...

I'm only a LITTLE slow this morning ... happy birthday, my friend. Sorry is missed it, first time 'round.

Ruth said...

Assuming your Firewall and Windows updates are all up to date, go hit www.malwarebytes.org (no I don't work for them, but I highly recommend them), download the free version of the software and update and run it. If its a virus or malware, even if Norton doesn't catch anything, Malwarebytes should be able to catch it.

threecollie said...

Isn't that a pain! I been using Avast free antivirus since Norton let a virus get on my machine and then charged me a hundred bucks to get it off. No problems so far. And happy birthday....

JDP said...

Happy Birthday Joated. I got one of those spam emails saying you sent me a link. I deleted it!

JDP