Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A Noble Cause

I was surfing through some of my favorite sites this evening when I came across a link on Glenn Reynolds' Instapundit for this story The Definition of A Noble Cause.

We lost our Country Music radio out of NYC about two years ago. (Then we lost WCBS' old time rock and roll a year ago. Luckily, WMTR is still playing the oldies here in NJ.) Terry and I still get to listen to country (and oldies) when we travel. And we still enjoy them far more than the music we hear on the modern stations. I enjoy hearing the positive attitude of many the songs dealing with America. (Although Terry has a problem listening to Arlington.) This is the first time I have heard of this song (American By God's Amazing Grace) but wish I could hear it more.

Just as this National Guardsman, Luke Stricklin, feels the reasons for going to Iraq may have turned out to have been incorrect (remember, everyone--and I mean everyone-- believed Saddam had WMD) the work done and being done by our troops on the ground and now the Iraqi forces is something to be proud of.

(Don't bother reading the comments of the linked post unless your ready for lots of virulent stuff from the "hate America for doing good" crowd. I'm convinced we'd all be speaking German if these folks had been around back in '41 or if the press of today was around back then when thousands of Americans died in hours of fighting in Italy, France, the Philippines, etc.)

No comments: