Sunday, August 07, 2005

Texas Chili--yum!

Just surfing the web this morning (yes, again!) and I came upon this:

For those of you who may enjoy a nice spicy bowl of chili or Chinese, take a look at this report found on McBlog - Tales of McHorror In A Fast-Food World
about judging a Texas chili
contest.

But first, swallow that last swig of tea/coffee/beer and clear all food and liquids from around your computer.


Here's the comment I left on their post:

You had me rollin' on the floor with this one.

Many years ago we had a new Chinese restaurant open up in the neighboring town. First week, grand opening and I ordered the hot and spicy soup and the spicy beef.

Beads of sweat started forming on my forehead as the aroma of the soup wafted up to my nostrils. The waiter looked concerned.

As I dug in the sweat poured down my face and my eyes teared up. The waiter was definitely concerned. He brought the spicy beef anyway.

As I started in on the spicy beef I drained my water glass. With my features in a mask and sweat from my face now drenching my napkin I waved the waiter over. In his broken English he asked if everything was all right. (I think he expected me to tell him to call 911.) I smiled and told him everything was great and to please bring another pitcher of ice water.

A month later they had toned down their spices so much that I stopped going there. Wussies!

No comments: