Friday, January 04, 2008

How I spent my Friday morning in Toronto

Confined to my room.

We spent all morning in our room waiting to hear from the manager of the parking facility next to the hotel. When he didn’t call by 10 AM I called his office and extension only to get his voice mail. I left a message and called back half an hour later when I still hadn’t heard from him. This time I got made contact with the receptionist who told me he was in the field checking the various parking lots the company managed. I told her to get in touch with him via cell phone and have him call me ASAP. Still nothing after half an hour.

So I went down stairs to the hotel managers and *ahem* voiced my displeasure with being essentially confined to my room waiting for this a**hole to call me. (I was more polite than that but just as vehement in my presentation.) I told the manager to get on the horn to this company and relay the message that he was to call me pronto. I learned at this time that he had come to the parking lot and took pictures of the truck at 7:30 AM but didn’t call up to the room because he felt it unnecessary to wake me from my sleep. I was told that he had told his secretary to call me and let me know he had been here. Only problem was I never got the f*cking call. (As I said, an a**hole and a liar to boot.)

Anyway, ten minutes after I got done going up one side of the manager and down the other, I get a call in my room (to which I was still confined awaiting a call) from the manager saying he would be calling me shortly. And, son of a bitch, he did! He said he will be filing an “incident report” with his insurance company (located in Vancouver) and that they would probably be in touch with me early next week.

Finally released from our cell—I mean room—Terry and I went out for lunch but first I stopped to thank the manager for getting through to the parking lot manager. (I didn’t want to burn any bridges in case this thing needs more mediation, so I felt a little carrot after the stick would be a wise move.)

Anyway, I've got my fingers crossed that this will be resolved with as little hassle as possible. I'm still not going to be happy about it, however.

No comments: