Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Man's best friend...even if he was just looking out for his bitch buddy.

Did I mention that Rick, my son, is headed to Oregon? He’s looking into a job with either a tree service (where he worked last spring) or walking electric and gas right of ways to recommend tree/brush clearing. (A power line arborist, he says.) He mentioned that he would have to get a dog if he did start trekking right of ways. We discussed bears but forgot all about the mountain lions. (If he had himself a permanent address, I’d also recommend a .357 or a .44 on his hip—just in case.)

From out in Bend, Oregon comes this report: After cougar terrorizes a terrier, Riley the bulldog saves the day. It sounds like Riley earned himself an extra dog biscuit (and maybe some loving from Sage).

Remember, boys and girls, ALL animals in the wild are potentially dangerous no matter how cute and cuddly they might look as a plush toy.

1 comment:

Joan of Argghh! said...

Oh sheesh! I almost went to Bend, instead of D.C.!

My friend there sent me pics of all the snow. Yeehaw!

Good luck to your son.