Wednesday, January 23, 2008

On the road---again!

No, not me, the prodigal son.

Rick just left the Aerie for...somewhere. He'll eventually end up in Eugene, OR, but even he isn't sure what route he'll be taking. He called some friends in NJ but hasn't gotten any return calls so he doesn't know if he'll be heading east or west when he gets down to I-80. (Probably west since to head east would be about 400 miles round trip out of his way. And that means a couple of tanks of gasoline and a day or two to visit.)

He's anxious to get out west to find himself a job (he's already got a place to stay) and start earning some money.

It's tough to see them leave the nest. You go and teach them independence and then they put it into practice and...well, it's difficult to see them go.

He's driving the Blazer with PA plates and registration, has Oregon insurance (thanks to the internet!), and an Idaho driver's license. I hope he doesn't get stopped by some local cop along the way 'cause it's going to take some explaining!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I see how it is. He just doesn't want to see me when I come to visit. :(