Thursday, October 09, 2008

At the Bolt Hole

Well, I survived the four hour trip to the cabin with the three cats each in their own carry case. Julie was pretty good, she only meowed a little on during the first hour and didn't soil her cage at all. Shadow and Chester were the messiest with Shadow barfing up and taking a dump. Chester was the loudest but even he was quiet for the middle two hours. So quiet were they that I was a little concerned about their health. I thought they might have gone into shock or something.

Julie may have been good int he car, but she is letting me know she didn't appreciate the ride. Growls and hisses abound as she stalks about the cabin and hide under or behind anything she can.

Shadow got her collar off somehow and won't let me get near her to put it back on.

Chester is acting like he doesn't know what all the fuss is about. Head butts and demands for scratching from him all the while he is purring.

All three, however are taking great interest in the sounds of a mouse in the walls. If the mouse is smart, he'll stay in the walls.

Of course, once I got here, I discovered I left a vital piece of equipment back at the Aerie. My muzzleloader supply box was left in the foyer on a shelf where it went unnoticed this morning. Luckily I have plenty of powder, bullets, percussion caps and everything else I need to go hunting here. In fact, I was able to fire a few rounds over behind Mark's where he had a target set up at about 60 yards. Freestanding, I was three inches high at 11 o'clock on my first shot, five inches out at 9 o'clock on my second and just one inch high at 12 o'clock on my third. I'm ready.

I still may go down to Gander Mountain tomorrow to see if I can get some more percussion caps just to play it safe.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Glad you & the kitties made it okay!