Friday, October 03, 2008

PA Bow Hunting Season Begins

I went out this afternoon when the wind and sun finally had an hour or two to dry out the brush and hung my tree stand up in a pine in the back of the Aerie's woods. It took me awhile to wrestle it into the tree, but I got 'er done.

There's a crossroads of sorts about 15 yards away and both trails leading to that intersection are within easy reach of my bow. During the summer I had a game camera stationed here and had several legal bucks (at least three one-inch points on one side) and several does trip the camera. Their movement has not been confined to the middle of the night either. While much of the activity has been between 10 PM and 3 AM, there have been visits between 7 AM and 7 PM as well. All I ask is for one of them to come wandering by between 6:38 AM and 7:15 PM. (Those are the legal hours tomorrow, if I'm reading the table correctly.) Doesn't matter to me if it's a buck or doe since I've got an antlerless tag to fill.

Fresh venison liver or tenderloin would be good for dinner tomorrow or Sunday.


1 comment:

JDP said...

Good Luck, hope you get some venison for the freezer. I bowhunted for seven years, a challenging and rewarding sport.

JDP