Saturday, October 25, 2008

Weigh in Saturday (5?)

I admit it, I've lost track of the number of weeks the weight challenge has been going on. I am, however, happy with the report of the scale this morning. The thing said I weighed 214 at 6 AM, if it can be trusted. This is a digital scale but it's not the Weight Watchers' scale of the Aerie. I believe it came from a CVS store. It reads low (God bless it!) but I've made something of a conversion factor to bring it in line. The estimated difference is added to the actual reading for these reports when I'm here at the Aerie.

The last three readings (including today's) have been done on this scale. They were 219, 217, and 214. If they are accurate, I've dropped 3 pounds since last Saturday and the same from the beginning of the Challenge. And considering I was up to 237-240 back in May....

It's still a long way from where I would like to be by the end of the year (200 or less) but at least the last two weeks have been in the right direction. Of course, the tough part will be going back to Terry's cooking and Thanksgiving Dinner.


1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

I lost weight the last time my wife was away for a week, too. And put it right back on when she returned. But congratulations on the reduction. And by the by, my shoes are clean ...