Monday, November 24, 2008

Aaaarrrgghh!

I was sitting here doing some online research for a Christmas present or two when I glanced out the window. All morning the sun has been trying to sneak out from behind the clouds (and failing) as the temperature rose to just above freezing. I should have paid more attention to the activity at the bird feeders. My 17 turkeys and dozens of juncos, chickadees and goldfinches knew that snow was in the air. And now it's falling out of the air.

Accuweather uses the word "snow" in all fifteen days in their fifteen day forecast.

Weather.com has posted a "Winter Weather Advisory" for anywhere from 2-5 inches of snow between now and Tuesday afternoon.

I think back to two years ago when we were building the Aerie and can not remember any snow falling during November and December. Even Terry, up at the Bolt Hole had very little snow that year.

Anybody find any sunspots lately? I haven't seen the sun long enough to go looking.

No comments: