Sunday, November 09, 2008

Hunting Report from the Bolt Hole

I spent several hours out in the woods this morning. Jumped one deer before I had walked more than 25 yards from the cabin but never saw anything but the tail. Spotted another deer about 150 yards behind the cabin that was feeding in the woods but could not make out any horns before it spooked and went off into the woods. The remaining three hours were uneventful. Still, two deer are two more than I've seen all week.

With yesterdays rains, it was quiet walking but there weren't even any red squirrels chattering at me.

The Sun came out for 15 minutes at 2 PM but the clouds have returned and some flurries are forecast for this evening into the morning hours.

2 comments:

JihadGene said...

Well, like you said at least you saw some this time. Stay warm!

JG

Rev. Paul said...

I had too many days like that, hunting deer back in Missouri ... I hope your luck/timing/whatever improves!