Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Doing my part for the economy

I mentioned that Terry, the M-i-L and I went to Wally World the other day to pick up a few odds and ends. Besides foodstuffs, I wanted to look at the flat screen TVs. Terry had a 13" (diagonal) set that must have been over 10 years old. It was dying. Turn it on and it would be fifteen minutes before the picture was clear enough to see what they were making noise about. You would hear the sound the entire time but the picture was horrible. Even when it cleared up, you would get eyestrain trying to read any subtitles or information that might crawl across the screen.

As luck would have it (actually I did some online homework) our WalMart had several 19" models in stock. After looking over the details, I settled on this one from Phillips because of its price and resolution.


It took Terry and I just five minutes to hook up and most of that was untangling wires from behind the old set. The color is great and the sound is marvelous. It's just the right size to fit on her shelf. An early Xmas present being enjoyed by everyone...but me.

No comments: