Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Day with the Pros

So, I've been sittin' on my butt all day watching pro football all afternoon. It was a beautiful day with the sun shining and the temperature rising to the mid 60s.

So far, so good. The Steelers beat the Vikings. (I felt sorta bad about the Steelers ganging up on the "Old Man" like that.

The Jets went to Oakland and beat the snot out of the Raiders. The Jets ran and ran and ran some more. Despite losing their best runner early to an ankle injury, they still gained over 300 yards on the ground. (The Jets had more than 300 last week against Buffalo in a loss. First time in fifty years that a team has had back to back 300-yard games.) It's always good when someone beats the snot out of the Raiders. I was super pleased when the Giants did it earlier in the season, but today was icing on the cake. 38-0 Wahoo!

The Giants are yet to play against Arizona. Eli will have to have a good game to match his older brother. (Eli completed 23-34 for 235 yards and 3 TD while leading the Colts to an easy 42-6 over the Rams.) I may not make it passed the first half tonight, so I hope he gets out the gate quickly.[UPDATE: I did go to bed at the half. As a result, I missed the Giants' offensive collapse in the second half that saw them lose to the Cardinals.]

Miami looked like it was going to trounce the Saints, beating them to death with the Wildcat. At one point the Fish lead 24-3. But then New Orleans saw the light, Drew Brees threw for another gazillion yards, the Saints put 36 points on the board in the second half, and the managed to remain undefeated.

New England played in London. They should stay there. And based upon the way their opponents, Tampa Bay, played, the folks in Tampa may want John McKay back.

No comments: