Monday, October 26, 2009

Saw the Doc today.

Went to see my doctor today (a GP) and he set me up to have some PT for my knee starting tomorrow. If there's no improvement in a week or two then we talk about MRI and the rest.

Until then, I've my meds for pain and the leg brace and cane for when I'm up and about. (Speaking of the meds, the Hydroco/APAP is actually Vicodin in disguise. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.)

******

Some interesting base line readings by the nurse/aide who took my vitals while I waited for the Doc to come in:

My BP was 150 over 80 (which seems a bit high to me but raised no flags among the medicos).
My pulse rate was a mere 52.
My temperature was between 95 and 96 degrees.

The numbers were not affected by my meds...which I last took the night before at 10 PM.

The temperature proves that I'm a cold-blooded SOB.
And that pulse rate? Must be time to hibernate, dude.

3 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Won't the bad knee cut down on your foraging time?

joated said...

Maybe so, but think of all the energy saved by not foraging. Besides, the gatherer portion of this domicile's partnership is still active and she can cook up a storm!

And that hibernation thing? It's why I could never live in Alaska. From November 1 thru May 1 I'd be sacked out (or SADed out--either one). I'd get a lot of reading done between naps, though.

JihadGene said...

Sorry to hear about the knee!

"Time to hibernate" LOL!!!