Thursday, October 01, 2009

Speaking of Legislation that needs to die...

There's Cap and Tax, Son of Stimulus and, of course, Obamacare.

I heard this Paul Shanklin parody on the Rush Limbaugh show a couple of weeks ago while driving to/from the Bolt Hole. It had me tapping on the steering wheel and singing along. The Day Obamacare Died.



Shanklin's work reminds me of the TV show That Was The Week That Was. Begun on BBC, an American version ran on NBC but only ran from January 1964 through May of 1965. I don't know if they could take the political heat or stand the rapid pace (often calling fro rewriting as the show was being aired) but I watched most of the episodes and found them, well, interesting. A very different way of learning current events.

(h/t to Don Suber for reminding me of the song and linking to the YouTUbe production.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

Another classic from Mr. Shanklin.