Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Aerie Report, December 1, 2009

Welcome to December!

I'm glad I got my deer yesterday morning. Not only were there more hunters afield than today (based upon the number of shots I heard between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM) but the temperature has dropped like the proverbial stone. It was a rainy 45 degrees when I left the Aerie at 6:45 Am yesterday. Today it was a mere 30 degrees at that hour with very light snow flurries. It seems the temperature began dropping about the same time I was bent over and field dressing my buck. It got down into the mid to low 30s as I was boning out the meat.

******

After the venison gets ground and packaged this morning, I'll have to get back into the workshop to finish one more quilted square for Christmas. Then it will be time to put the finishing touches on the basement steps, frame the utility room door, put up the trim around the chair rail in the basement, build a shelf/closet or two in the laundry room, and do a myriad number of little items here and there. (If one thing is certain, the shelf/closets in the laundry room will get built around the freezer. No way am I going to move that thing for awhile!)

******

Speaking of venison and freezer...In order to make room for all that fresh meat, Terry pulled out a loaf of zucchini bread for today's breakfast and a package of pork spare ribs for dinner today and--based upon the size of the package--tomorrow. That spare rib pack sure looks good to eat, but they sure don't come in nice, neat rectangles now, do they?

I'll try to help out with the space problem by pulling out a bag of blue berries for cereal and ice cream topping. And another half gallon (more or less--mostly less) of ice cream will get moved tot he fridge freezer for consumption.

1 comment:

Brian Cole said...

Excellent work! Great pic too. Congrats on efficiency.